Elixir of Lake County:
the New Wine Country of Northern California
Listen to all of Elixir Interviews go here...
KPFZ 88.1 fm Radio Program Interviewed Guests
1. DEBRA SOMMERFIELD, President, Lake County Winegrape Commission.
2. PAM HARPSTER and CHRISTY GARD, WORKFORCE LAKE COUNTY Program and Business Services Manager PAM HARPSTER and Work Resource Services Manager CHRISTY GARD.
3. DR. HARRY LYONS Ph.D., Professor of Biology at the Clear Lake Campus of Yuba College in Clearlake.
4. DAVID BECKSTOFFER, President and Chief Operating Officer of Beckstoffer Vineyards, a well established Napa and Mendocino Vineyard corporation, with the largest acreage of winegrapes in Lake County.
5. JONATHAN YOUNG, Ph.D., is a licensed depth psychologist who assisted Joseph Campbell at seminars and served as founding curator of the Joseph Campbell Archives and Library at Pacifica Graduate Institute.
6. NICK BUTTITTA, Winemaker and Vineyard owner of Rosa D'Ora Winery and Vineyard.
7. REYNALDO ROBLEDO, Owner/Winemaker of Robledo Family Winery.
8. MYRON HOLDENRIED, owner/grower of Wildhurst Vineyards a fifth-generation farmer and a wine historian in Lake County.
9. Sharron Zoller has worn many hats in serving the needs of Lake County schools as an educator, and in various community cultural, agricultural and economic positions.
10. JONATHAN SOUTHARD, is a First Assistant Director and Producer, with over 65 film credits, Jonathan attended Scarsdale Elementary, the Dwight School in Manhattan, and Hollywood High, where he was named Actor of the Year in 1978.
11. ANJA COOT AND CHRISTINE HUTT and the Hospice Services of Lake County are committed to the dignity of the human experience by serving the physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of individuals and their loved ones through the end of life’s journey.
12. BILL GROODY,award wining journalist and documentarian, is the owner of Groody River Films, founded in 1999, with his wife, Gerri.
13. TRACEY HAWKINS, and her husband, Mitch Hawkins teamed with the Bois family (David and Christopher) to plant Hawk and Horse Vineyards on the former Arabian Horse Breeding estate.
14. DR. GLENDA HUMISTON,
18. BANYON KIRKENDALL, grew up in Lake County and started his career as a grill cook at Park Place restaurant in Lakeport.
20. KAJ AHLMANN,